What is Llavors Mútues?
Llavors Mútues (“Mutual seeds”) is an open source working group centered around mutual-credit infrastructure on holochain.
It’s not an application or set of happs, but instead open source zomes and libraries that can be composed to build one.
So, where does Llavors Mutúes fit?
Mutual-credit can come in many forms: private or public transactions, demurrage, fees, static or dynamic credit limits, fast or slow finality… Every community and situation requires a slightly different pattern.
But! Writing a mutual-credit DNA is very difficult and time consuming, and a lot of these patterns can emerge from combination of common building-blocks. Llavors Mútues’ mission is to build these common building blocks, to reduce as much as possible the cost of setting up a new currency for a happ or community.
In the coming few months, we are going to be:
- Building of a mutual-credit transactor zome with public transactions and demurrage.
- Building of a common UI for transactions, starting from the UI we already have here.
- Releasing both transactor zomes with proper documentation.
- Building UI components to show flow patterns of these current-sees.
- Proposing a common zome trait for other happs to integrate with the transactor zomes.
How can you help?
- If you are developing a happ that needs mutual-credit functionality, contact us!
We will shortly be proposing a zome trait standard together with the holochain community, and we need to make sure it works for everybody.
- If you are a happ or UI developer and want to get involved, contact us as well!
There’s quite a lot of work to do. You can visit our github to see what we have already built, and learn from it.
- If you are a commons or mutual-credit enthusiast, you can try our tools as we build them and report feedback.
If you need a requirement we do not have covered well, tell us! We can also help you to setup for your unique use case.